Where to find Grapple loads

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dmurph2016

May 9, 2019
Mass
I’m located in central Massachusetts, and am looking for a grapple load of wood. Don’t need to buy until spring/summer. But I can’t seem to find anywhere local that sells grapple loads.
anyone in nh/ma have some suggestions?
thanks

Call around to tree companies, stop and talk to tree crews. It took me a while to find my guy. Good luck

I think if you keep your eye peeled for any logging activity, you could ask the loggers. The firewood people get the mill rejects. I found my guy from a co-worker.

You look in craigslist? I see grapple loads advertised there for a decent price. There's a couple Mass guys that have bought grapple loads too, maybe one of them will see this post. You north or south of Worcester.

I’m in southern nh, and it’s common for tree companies to offer that. Maple Leaf tree service is out of Haverhill, I know they offer it for $700 or $800 per load. Not sure if they deliver to your location

Pretty sure you'll need to buy in Mass. Don't think you can cross the state line with wood.

I find my grapple loads and half grapples from Facebook marketplace and craigslist.

Many tree service companies will do this. New England Tree Masters in Boxboro I know does it.

Call around to tree companies, stop and talk to tree crews. It took me a while to find my guy. Good luck
I had the same experience. Took a while, now I can get two 25-yard truck loads dumped if I just ask, free.

Pretty sure you'll need to buy in Mass. Don't think you can cross the state line with wood.

I find my grapple loads and half grapples from Facebook marketplace and craigslist.
I haven’t heard that it can’t cross state lines, may need to look into that more. Ideally I’d like to get a grapple load and then find as much free wood as I can to can a start for the next few years. Be nice to find some tree companies in the area than can drop at my house. But that’s something I’m not ready for yet

Wow that is what I need find! I know it’s out there just have to work for it!
Tree guys in this area aren't as generous as other areas of the country, wood is monry and they treat it as such. Try, you may get lucky.

You look in craigslist? I see grapple loads advertised there for a decent price. There's a couple Mass guys that have bought grapple loads too, maybe one of them will see this post. You north or south of Worcester.
I haven’t checked Craigslist, don’t really like it anymore too many scammers. I’m north of Worcester (I think)