Where to find Greenwood gasket material?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparke

Minister of Fire
Jul 6, 2006
Maine
I am changing my skins to Stainless. Does anyone know where I can get the type gasket material Greenwood uses? I used high temp silicone originally but it is a pain to remove. Greenwood's gasket looks much easier to work with. I checked local plumbing/heating wholesalers and automotive stores with no luck. I also called a few Greenwood dealers but was unable to reach a real person... Thanks!

sparke said:
I am changing my skins to Stainless. Does anyone know where I can get the type gasket material Greenwood uses? I used high temp silicone originally but it is a pain to remove. Greenwood's gasket looks much easier to work with. I checked local plumbing/heating wholesalers and automotive stores with no luck. I also called a few Greenwood dealers but was unable to reach a real person... Thanks!

Here's a mfg. in your home state-- www.auburnmfg.com . I've never dealt with them but I stumbled upon it looking for the site I've been to before-- www.auburn-mfg.com . I was looking for the same thing when I wanted to re-skin my junker Adobe. I looked at the silicone strip w/ adhesive. This would make life much easier for the routine cleanings. Yes the hi-temp silicone is awful to remove w/o bending skins and it is horrible to prep the skins for reattaching. Auburn-Mfg in Conn. was very easy to talk to and answered any questions I had. I almost pulled the trigger on replacing my door seals with solid silicone rubber but Dale from Econoburn provided me with new gasket material and cement. Maybe next year--seems the silicone would last much longer. There's a lot to choose from....... Good luck!

Thank You for the reply. It seems to me that material would be a bit more common but I can't find anything like it in my town.

Status
Not open for further replies.