which do you like better stove chow or fireside ultra and why??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooper

Nov 13, 2011
Wilmington,Ma
I think i like the firesides better simply for the uniform size the stove chows are tiny?
How about you guys ?

I've never tried Stove Chow so i can't comment on how they are. I've burned about 10 bags of Firesides and find them to have a lot of ash and leave too much burn pot build up. last year i burned Green Team and they worked out very well.

I bought three bags of the green team but they were pricey at 5.49! Haven't tried them. for shoulder pellets i like the $200 pellets HD stuff

I bought 3 tons of Fireside Ultra and wish I had bought one ton less. The heat output is okay, but they are very ashy.

My breckwell eats them without problems, though I do have to scrape out the burn pot everyday.

For my GFI55 I use Somersets (and Hamers when it gets too cold).

I have some bags of Stove Chow, but I haven't tried them this year.

Cooper said:
I think i like the firesides better simply for the uniform size the stove chows are tiny?
How about you guys ?

They are bagged by the same company so you probably won't notice too much difference. IMO the SC is a little better.

Harman Lover 007 said:
Cooper said:
How about you guys ?

They are bagged by the same company so you probably won't notice too much difference. IMO the SC is a little better.

Exactly, Premier Pellet Co. Or should I say Energex! The difference is Stove Chow is mostly from PA and The Ultra's are from Canada.

Ultra's would be the same pellet as the Green bag Energex brand.

Stove Chow would be the Energex American(eagle on the bag).

Status
Not open for further replies.