Which HVAC Thermostat has programmable ’fan only’ mode?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

olsonbri

Jan 24, 2011
Stillwater, OK
Hi, we had a Venstar thermostat in our previous home that had a programmable fan only feature. So, for example, I could set it to kick on the fan for 10 minutes (or however long) on the hour. Now that we have a high efficiency fireplace, I wish I had this feature to help move the air around the house, but not have the fan running constantly. Is anyone aware of a thermostat manufacturer besides Venstar that would have this feature? The Venstar we had was, as I recall, over $200 . It was a SmartHome compatible, but don't need that now in our current home.

Thanks! --Bri

Venstar still makes them. Robertshaw also but not as easy to use as Venstar. Honeywell is good but you can't program times seperately or independant from the standard program. Honeywell calls it circulate mode and I think it is just a set time of 20 min. per hour. Do some research on each one. Hope this helps.

Thank you realstihl & BeGreen for this info!! You've saved me an evening of searching all the brands/products!

Status
Not open for further replies.