Which one..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

knotdodger

Jan 12, 2008
Coleman Michigan
I have a 1400 sf. house . One level. Stove will be close to the center. I found what I
think is a good price on a couple stoves. Hearthstone Shelbourne 2.0 cu ft. firebox. Matte black.
Two hundred more for enamel.
The other stove is a Hearthstone Bennington 2.3 cu ft. firebox say's it will heat up to 2200 st.
I just dont want to be under stoved. Is it better to be over stoved????? hehe
Thanks alot for any input.

Go for the Bennington, you will love the side loading.

As long as you are looking at Hearthstone, you definitely should take a good hard look at the Woodstock Fireview. It has a 2.0 cu. ft. firebox and is a beautiful stove. We were amazed with ours as it cut our wood usage almost in half and we stay a lot warmer too!

Backwoods Savage said:
As long as you are looking at Hearthstone, you definitely should take a good hard look at the Woodstock Fireview. It has a 2.0 cu. ft. firebox and is a beautiful stove. We were amazed with ours as it cut our wood usage almost in half and we stay a lot warmer too!
I have to agree with Dennis. If I were looking for a stove in this size range, the WS Fireview would probably be my first choice.

Go bigger then you think you need! You will be happy you did for the longer burns!

Status
Not open for further replies.