Which stove to keep?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

henjj

Nov 26, 2017
washington
A friend gave me two pellet stoves. One is a Breckwell P-2000FS and the other is a Quadrafire 1000. Both are in decent shape. I am going to keep one for myself to use in my house and give the other to a friend who is going to use it in his shop. Which one would be the better stove for me to keep?

1st thing is: "WHAT HE SAID" ^^^^
2 is the both are about the same vintage and they both have pro's and con's. they were very good stoves back in the day and pretty simple to operate. but with age comes the scarceness of parts i would suggest reading the manuals for both stoves and using the search option here and read up on their issues.

Thanks for the replies! Yes, there is one that she likes better (the Breckwell). I am familiar in name with the Quadrafire brand because they used to be up in Colville.