Which way to the Beech

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Split some beech tonight, will finish the cherry Tuesday then start stacking. Starting on Wednesday I will be hauling the sugar maple out of the woods plus the cherry.

Split the Sav way VERTICAL!

The Cherry is in the front of the picture and the beech is in the back right. (updated) 8-17-2010

zap

Attachments

• 100_1220.jpg
    100_1220.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 324
  • 100_1221.jpg
    100_1221.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 307
  • 100_1222.jpg
    100_1222.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 290
zapny said:
Split the Sav way VERTICAL!

That must mean I split civilized

No lift although my FIL made a rotating boom with a boat trailer winch on it that I have considered trying. Everything I split I picked up and put in the trailer, so in theory I shouldn't need it.

What kind of beech is that are beech is a smooth bark.

smokinjay said:
What kind of beech is that are beech is a smooth bark.

That is beech thats split and the unsplit is cherry, 100% sure on the beech. I'm going to check it with the moisture meter tonight, it was bucked up in the spring.

zap

This is blue beech

Attachments

• beech.jpg
    beech.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 190
I love the smell of beech in the morning......and in the afternoon also.

Status
Not open for further replies.