White Stuff Coming

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

eauzonedan

Jan 21, 2011
Bayfield Co. Wi
Looks like snow in the forcast up here near the Big Lake and that means it’s time to fire up the Garn today. Spent yesterday cleaning tubes and all the maintenance that should have been done last spring. I’m sure I’m not alone. 6 cord sitting in the Garn Barn so - let it come. Still plenty to cut and split to hit my goal of being 3 years out

Check out the new x410 Web Relay controler. A bit spendy at $400 but it handles up to 16 one wire temp/humidity sensors as well as an interface to a high temp (burn) sensor and also includes relay controls. It can now also communicate to your home network unwired - via internal wireless. It looks to have a ton of output of tables and graphs...... all can be real time dumped to a smart phone. I’m getting “Controler Envy”. My only knock on their stuff is their wet sensors I submerged at different levels in the tank puked (twice) after about a year. Put a dry well in the former anode hole - and problem solved!

Wishing all a productive and safe burn season.
Dan

Reactions: Highbeam
Hi Dan,
Sounds like your ready, in ct. it’s still early fall weather 50-70 deg range. I’m ready but don’t mind this as it saves the wood pile.

Hey Dan!

Glad to hear things have been running well. Bummer to find out that those sensors crapped out on you. I'll remember to put them in drywells from now on.
Had a long week last week, but got a Heatmaster G200 and a Garn WHS 1000 online in one week! Whew.