Whitfield Advantage 2 Blower Motor works intermittently

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceshack

Nov 20, 2008
Northern Canada
I've visited the Butkus troubleshooting site and have been cruising this site as well. I'm trying to find information on why the fan blower on my Whitfield advantage 2 kicks out every once in a while only to kick back on 5-7 minutes later. All other aspects of the stove are working well. The exhaust motor still works, the auger still feeds pellets and the fire still burns well in the pot.

We operate the stove pretty well 24 hours a day and clean it thoroughly every two days. I'm concerned that the motor might be failing. I oil both the fan and exhaust motor annually. I haven't pulled the fan motor off yet but the blades look pretty clean from what I can see.

Does anyone have experience with this symptom and or a suggested quick and easy fix (he asks hopefully)?

Thanks

Iceshack said:
I've visited the Butkus troubleshooting site and have been cruising this site as well. I'm trying to find information on why the fan blower on my Whitfield advantage 2 kicks out every once in a while only to kick back on 5-7 minutes later. All other aspects of the stove are working well. The exhaust motor still works, the auger still feeds pellets and the fire still burns well in the pot.

We operate the stove pretty well 24 hours a day and clean it thoroughly every two days. I'm concerned that the motor might be failing. I oil both the fan and exhaust motor annually. I haven't pulled the fan motor off yet but the blades look pretty clean from what I can see.

Does anyone have experience with this symptom and or a suggested quick and easy fix (he asks hopefully)?

Thanks

Well they do have thermal protection, you might want to clean the blower, its motor and the motor's cooling fan then give it a few drops of the proper oil in each oil port if it has oil ports.

Thanks Smokey. we pride ourselves in running a clean operation (a practice we picked up as a result of viewing posts on this site) but I went ahead and popped the motor and yeah - gotta admit - it was time for a cleaning.

We'll see how it goes but so far so good.

Thanks again for takin the time

The Bear strikes again…nailed it!

Status
Not open for further replies.