Whitfield advantage 2 will not feed help please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kjgodin

Oct 14, 2009
Central Ma
I bought a Whitfield advantage II-T insert The stove lasted a day prior to the auger stopping. The feed light never comes on. I have Ohmed out the high limit switch, pressure switch, low limit, and air inlet high pressure switch with them all checking out properly per the service manual. I have powered the motor directly and the auger turns and seems to run fine. This leads me to believe it is the control board but I was hoping someone may be able to either confirm this or suggest something else.

Thanks
Kevin

Are you sure its not the vacuum switch? Unplug the stove and try jumping it(connect the wires together)

jay

Check the pressure switch, unhook the pressure line, (should be red). Start stove if auger moves, you need to clean the stove, exhaust could be blocked.

Tried to lite mine last night for haha's, i haven't done my yearly cleaning yet, auger wont move, sure sign exhaust is blocked as over the summer ash drop's down from pipe into T in back of stove and blocks exhaust.

So it looks like from the auger motor the lead comes off and goes to the pressure switch the other terminal on the pressure switch goes over to the the low limit switch. I came directly off the low limt switch to the auger motor bypassing the pressure switch. This should work the same as jumping the swicth but I still do not the auger feed light turn on and power is never sent to the motor.

Now both leads go through switches and eventually end up back at the terminal strip. Can I bypass the switches and come off the termianl block directly to the motor to rule out the switches?

does the Advantage have that little jumper on the back(small piece of wire connecting to screw post terminals, no jumper if you have the thermostat hookup)? Maybe that came loose or something? Otherwise, I have to agree with the pressure switch. If it was the low limit switch you'd still have the feeder working when you first turn it on, but it'll shut down after the fire starts and burns away. The over temp switch I suppose could tell it not to feed if its "kaput". You can jump that out as well to see if thats the problem. BTW, I love the old advantage II-t, the insert is cool but the load door on the top is soooo small, LOL. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.