Whitfield Advantage Blower Shutting Off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

garys314

Oct 10, 2007
I have an Whitfield Advantage Pellet Stove Insert. The blower is shutting down after 20 minutes. I read something on-line that it would be the Low Limit Disk. Does anyone know where i can get replacement part for this? I read that Lennox stopped making replacement parts for some older stoves. Is this hard to replace?

How long should stove like this last?

Many Thanks in Advance,

Gary

Gary,
Any Lennox (owners of Whitfield brand name) dealer can get you that part for around $30-$35. They use that same limit disc for lots of different stoves. Not really hard to replace. I think that switch is on the back of the stove mounted against the wall to the firebox. I also think it is a black disc with a white label (the other disc is the high limit disc, black with red label) although on some of the newer Lennox pellet stoves they are actually using a ceramic disc whitch is all cream colored. I have also heard that you can pick that up at places like Grainger. Good hunting.

Oh BTW, I have seen the Advantage model over 15 years old still original, still running. That machine is an animal. Just don't toss it down the stairs.

Just replaced the low limit disk and it seems to be working fine. Thanks for your responses.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.