Whitfield advantage II - feed light stays on steady, no power to auger motor-please help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1958vetteman

Feb 25, 2011
nova scotia
Hi, I am new here, I have been having auger motor problems, have replaced it a couple of years ago and again found the motor not strong enough to break a pellet that gets caught. removed back and attempted to rotate motor a bit by hand to clear jam when the motor fell off the auger as well as one of the wires that arc'd on the back of the stove. Now when I hit the start button, all blower motors work but the feed light remains on constant and there is no power going to the auger motor. Any ideas on what to do? Is it the board?

You may have blown a fuse. I'm not familiar with your particular stove, but there are often fuses to protect the auger motors. The fuse may be on the back of the control board, or elsewhere.
The feed light may be staying on because it's not seeing the proof of fire switch, but that varies by brand.
Worst case, when you arced the wire to ground, you may have damaged the control board.

Thanks for the response, the fuse on the control board is fine. I jumped all sensors leading to the auger motor but still, the light stays on and will not blink like it should.

You're welcome.

ohhh… that doesn't sound too good. Is there perhaps another fuse somewhere? My St. Croix has two fuses, but they are next to each other. Sounds like it might be the board, though.
A long shot - make sure the overtemp switch isn't tripped. Most of them have to be manually reset, and the auger won't run if the switch is tripped. (I know you mentioned jumping the sensors going to the auger motor.)
I'm out of ideas - good luck!

Sounds like the board has taken a leave on you.

Snowy

Status
Not open for further replies.