Whitfield Advantage II-T C smell coming from back of unit and blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rsh678

I have an Advantage II-T C freestanding stove. I began noticing a burned pellet smell coming from the back of the stove and blowing out into the room. I had the stove cleaned and the gasket replaced on the exhaust fan. I replaced the window gasket and checked the door gasket. I siliconed and taped all of the pipe joints but I am still getting the smell. Does anyone have any ideas about what could be causing this leak and where it might be coming from? The flame is fine so I can't figure out what the problem might be. I tried shutting off the lights and using a flashlight to see if I could see any smoke in the back of the unit but couldn't see anything. Should I replace the exhaust blower or could there be a crack somewhere that I can't see?