Whitfield Cascade shuts off completely

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lola

Nov 7, 2011
NY
Has anyone had this problem, my Whitfield Cascade 4-5 years old, mid cycle just quits. No fans, no auger, nothing and smokes up my entire house. It sometimes comes on later in a cool down cycle and sometimes not. The stove is spotless for anything I can do and just cleaned it all again. No blocked pipes or dirty fans, cleaned everything. This unit did this once or twice last year but has done it twice in two days. I would appreciate any input. Lola [email protected]

Probably the low limit switch ( Proof Of Fire switch ) has become unstable, since you experience this type of fault-pattern. Try to jump the low limit switch for some hours. If this makes the stove run stable then there's no doubt... the POF switch is worn out.

Cascade wiring diagram:

Attachments

• Cascade wiring diagram'.jpg
    Cascade wiring diagram'.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 163
Status
Not open for further replies.