Whitfield Renaissance Pellet Stove trouble

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeeky

Jan 23, 2008
SE Alaska
I'm hoping I can find some ideas here... we have the Whitfield Renaissance Pellet Stove that was in our home when we purchased it 8 years ago.
This has worked very well to heat most of the upper part of our home from September through May each year but when we started it this week, the blower seems to get stuck n high. It seems to be working fine in every other way, but as we closed the door before, the blower would be on high for a few seconds and then it would tone down to whatever we had it set on. Now though, it STAYS on the higher blowing speed.

Anyone else here have this issue & any idea what we can do to fix it? We live on an island in Alaska and we can't just call someone to come service it... and it is the time of year we NEED this stove to work.

Thank you for any info you can share!

Sharon

Attachments

• stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 580
I don't know much about the Whitfield's. But it sure sounds like the control board. Hopefully another member that has more Whitfield experiance will chime in soon!

Just a thought, and you've probably done it - carefully check all of your switches and settings. Maybe some switch got moved accidentally.

Thank you SOOOO MUCH! I have sent a message to Mr Whitfield and will now dig deeper into the site you left above :)
Thanks SO Much for your ideas & info!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.