Whitfield Traditions T300P Control Board Lights up, but no action.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MAC

Oct 8, 2012
Had local stove cleaning service done this August. Everything was working fine prior to the service. Went to turn on recently and the control board lights up, but no activation of anything else for start up? I can adjust the lights for heat, blower, ....but no noise (or activation of fan etc). I checked the fuses and connections and they all seem to be good.

Same service people are coming out to check it. Could they have done something during cleaning to cause this? I wasn't really watching them. I left everything unplugged over the summer and for the service. When I did use the stove it was always on a surge protector.

The stove is about 10 years old. Wondering if I should start looking for a new stove that would be more reliable in the long run or just keep fixing this old one? Will parts start failing regularly with age?

Had local stove cleaning service done this August. Everything was working fine prior to the service. Went to turn on recently and the control board lights up, but no activation of anything else for start up? I can adjust the lights for heat, blower, ....but no noise (or activation of fan etc). I checked the fuses and connections and they all seem to be good.

Same service people are coming out to check it. Could they have done something during cleaning to cause this? I wasn't really watching them. I left everything unplugged over the summer and for the service. When I did use the stove it was always on a surge protector.

The stove is about 10 years old. Wondering if I should start looking for a new stove that would be more reliable in the long run or just keep fixing this old one? Will parts start failing regularly with age?
http://www.hearthtools.com/parts/lowlimit.htm

This may help..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.