who else is worn out??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cedrusdeodara

Dec 3, 2008
New Jersey
Bucked and split, then loaded and stacked nearly a cord of 2yr dried American Beech today. It was cut last fall as standing dead and layed for a year. The stuff split like paper blocks. Snap!!! Some Holly and oak mixed in.

Now, arms ache, keep yawning, big ole glass of Cabernet, and a hot fire rolling in the stove. I think my work is done here, for now.

Life is good.

Cedrusdeodara said:
Bucked and split, then loaded and stacked nearly a cord of 2yr dried American Beech today. The stuff split like paper blocks. Snap!!!

Don't get the analogy. Paper blocks?

I was just thinking the same thing. My right arm is cramping from the chainsaw, my back is aching from lifting, and I twisted my knee moving the splitter. I'm worn out, sore, and overall, feeling pretty darn good about my day's work. The fire I'm sitting in front of is helping a little too as are a few beers, some Mexican food, and a margarita. :)

Semipro said:
My right arm is cramping from the chainsaw
Really? Do you have a left handed saw?

My left arm is cramping from the chainsaw. Right arm doesn't do much but hold the trigger. I was delimbing some blowdowns and standing dead Poplars. Decided I didn't want to keep it for firewood so I just cut it up to lay on the ground and rot. Some crap wood on the edge of the lawn I dragged over to the burn pile. First major snow to come and I will set the pile on fire.

Yeah, right arm. You're right though. You'd think it would be the other arm. Maybe it was the 12 oz curls I did afterwards. ;)

Funny, I was wondering today as I worked the saw whether anyone made left-handed chainsaws.

LLigetfa said:
Semipro said:
My right arm is cramping from the chainsaw
Really? Do you have a left handed saw?

My left arm is cramping from the chainsaw. Right arm doesn't do much but hold the trigger. I was delimbing some blowdowns and standing dead Poplars. Decided I didn't want to keep it for firewood so I just cut it up to lay on the ground and rot. Some crap wood on the edge of the lawn I dragged over to the burn pile. First major snow to come and I will set the pile on fire.

I'm worn out already and I haven't even started to cut wood this year. That comes after deer season, when it gets cold. Then I keep warm by cutting wood.

Cedrusdeodara said:
Bucked and split, then loaded and stacked nearly a cord of 2yr dried American Beech today. It was cut last fall as standing dead and layed for a year.

Life is good.

How can it be 2 year dried when it was cut last fall ???

Sounds like a firewood seller...... Seasoned wood for sale,,,freshly split. LOL

Been seeing the "Men Who Stare at Goats" trailers--will it work
on saw logs? :) Myself I try and do a half hour to a hour at a time
on the wood pile a few days a week--natures gym. Makes it easy to stay
a few years a head of the game...MM

worn out here too. Finished up yesterday with somewhere between 8 - 10 cords that i picked up last week and hosted a party for my wife's 40th Bday.
Body seems OK, but for some reason woke up with a bit of a headache. A couple of MGD and a NASCAR race should put everything back on track.

done three cords of it last sunday drop buck not splitt yet but there was three of us

very sore myself. today was a perfect day to be in the woods and i dropped 4 more oaks from wilt. the truck and trailer were pretty loaded down. very happy about what i got acomplished today, but i know tomorrow i will feel it so i've started therapy with some cold bud lights and a musclerelaxer, a few splits in the stove, and the girlfriend promises a backrub-{we'll see}. I hope everyone else accomplished what they needed to today!

NitroDave said:
Cedrusdeodara said:
Bucked and split, then loaded and stacked nearly a cord of 2yr dried American Beech today. It was cut last fall as standing dead and layed for a year.

Life is good.

How can it be 2 year dried when it was cut last fall ???

Sounds like a firewood seller...... Seasoned wood for sale,,,freshly split. LOL

I did say last year and standing dead tree. The tree was already dead and seasoning when I cut it last year. Seemed like two years to me. I don't sell wood.

I am finding all the work invigorating and totally love the time I actually get out to split my wood. Although I have been sitting in a cube for the past 13 years, so I had nowhere to go but up in the area of stamina, hell I lost 10lbs since I got the stove last year and muscles I developed in childhood are actually starting to show again LOL.

There's a bad worn out and tired feeling . . . and there is a good worn out and tired feeling. When I work with wood I may end the day or weekend feeling worn out and tired physically, but emotionally and mentally I am on Cloud 9.

I wish I was tired from that kind of work. Instead I'm tired because someone thought it would be a good idea for us to both do a half-marathon with her dad / my father-in-law (who can turn down a cute gal in running shorts?). neither one of us has been "training" but at least she's been using the eliptical several times a week. throwing rounds into a stack and hefting around my chainsaw and maul didn't do much to prepare me for 13.1 miles..... At least we didn't go very fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.