Who let the dogs out?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madrone

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2008
Just South of Portland, OR
Lost the top screw to the dogs somehow. Something seemed off. No leverage while noodling. Somehow the machine screw holding the dogs onto the case had completely loosened, and was gone. I was able to locate the nut and lock washer, but the screw vanished. I can pick up another screw, no prob, but now I'm wondering how to prevent this from happening again? Loctite? Lock nut?

Locktite and you'll be set. If it's just a little loose then the vibration will have it off in no time.

MMaul said:
Locktite and you'll be set. If it's just a little loose then the vibration will have it off in no time.

+1 and send me a pic of your new Dog!

Another vote for Loctite, just use the Blue loctite unless you want it to remain permanent. The Red is a bear to break free.
And thanks, Nate- your single syllable response has my sinuses tingling from a serious, beer snort. :coolgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.