Who likes Cawley/Lemay stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Whittler

Sep 23, 2021
Oregon
I have a Cawley Lemay 600, can anyone help with parts? I work 20 minutes from Buck's Stove Palace in Portland Oregon and he is having a hard time with his Cawley parts inventory.

Please help!

Last edited:
We too have Cawley's and have just bought parts for our 6oo from https://www.woodmanspartsplus.com/
We were very happy with the pieces they sent so we've also ordered more pieces that they have to have cast (may take a few months)
they are not cheap but the parts fit and seem fine
Woodmans buys from bucks. Bucks owns the patterns

Reactions: ValAlaska
Woodmans buys from bucks. Bucks owns the patterns
Thanks...when we tried to order parts from Buck's as we had in the past we were told the foundry he used had closed ..or something like that and at that time they weren't ordering parts cast...whether that has changed or how they source their parts I'm not sure. i do know the part's that just arrived are fine and fit so we are happy. We have the 800, 600, 400 and 500 models to maintain and they work hard.
My father in law bought his first Cawley from Bob Cawley in PA many years ago and my husband has been a fan of the stoves ever since.

Thanks...when we tried to order parts from Buck's as we had in the past we were told the foundry he used had closed ..or something like that and at that time they weren't ordering parts cast...whether that has changed or how they source their parts I'm not sure. i do know the part's that just arrived are fine and fit so we are happy. We have the 800, 600, 400 and 500 models to maintain and they work hard.
My father in law bought his first Cawley from Bob Cawley in PA many years ago and my husband has been a fan of the stoves ever since.
The last I heard they were still looking for a new foundry. But that was a while ago. I sold my 600 a few years ago and havnt needed parts for customers in quite a while.

Reactions: ValAlaska
Im a fan. I still have not gotten around to rebuilding them. At this point for parts, I live in new England and always am looking out for Cawleys in marketplace. Now I have a few in back for parts when I need em. And Ill still buy em if the price is right.

785E1A9E-787E-4704-BA73-5D76892E8CC1.jpeg

I found this one on e-bay with a little history to it...Just sharing..clancey
Well it had some history to it but do not know how to bring it up just yet...

$
Buy It Now
$0 Shipping
Cawley Lemay stoves in my estimation were the finest wood stoves made in the America. Bob Cawley was and industrial engineer and his wife Martha Cawley was an artist and sculptor who did the bas relief on the stoves. They are of the highest quality of construction and their high relief decorative wildlife casting are unsurpassed. Without a question they are a work of art and really are in a league of their own. The company primary focused on cook stoves(the 400 and 600 series) But they made the 500 shown here and the large 800 models as well. I believe the lowest production was the 500 series. What is unique about the 500 series is there is glass in the front doors which the other models do not have. Overall the stove measures 19" wide x 19" deep(including the ash shelf) x 27" tall. The flue size is 6" and the stove has a rotating cast iron collar that will allow horizontal flue exit as well. It is either top or front loading and the firebox will accept 16"logs. If you want the best artisan stove made in the United States, this is it. I didn't have a chance to install the roping in the doors before the photos were taken, however, I will before the stove goes out the door. Local pick up is encouraged, however, I will palletize the stove for a minimal charge for shipment with your carrier that has a lift g

Im a fan. I still have not gotten around to rebuilding them. At this point for parts, I live in new England and always am looking out for Cawleys in marketplace. Now I have a few in back for parts when I need em. And Ill still buy em if the price is right.

View attachment 284149
Hey there - I'm in New england as well (New Jersey) and looking to get rid of my Crowley 800. LMK if interested!

Hey there - I'm in New england as well (New Jersey) and looking to get rid of my Crowley 800. LMK if interested!
Moved the Cawley 800 to the classifieds. It looks good. I would ask $700-900 depending on how quickly you want to move it.

Reactions: AshleyC

A bit far for me to drive for an 800 unless it was like $200. Id suggest throwing on fb market and trying to get 1000 for it. Take the first 750 offer you get. They are hard to realize top value without being fully inspected and rebuilt.

Reactions: AshleyC
beutiful inside and out u watching stove manufacturers lol sigh those days are gone with the dodo
What? I don't understand what you are saying

thought and care, not there anymore. craftsmanship.
That is absolutely not true. I love Cawley lemays. They are absolutely beautiful and I don't think any other stoves has or will have that level of detail. But there is absolutely as much thought of not more put into the design and construction of modern stoves. And still a very high level of craftsmanship in many stoves on the market today.

Yeah, they don't make things like they used to.
Pinto.jpg

Thank goodness.

Reactions: fbelec