Whoa! Neighbor scores a Huskee!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody Stover

Minister of Fire
Dec 25, 2010
Southern IN
I heard him coming up the drive and from the sound, I figured he was pulling his trailer. I looked out the window and what do I see? A brand new Huskee 22-ton in tow!
I went over to check it out. Very nice! It's got a cleat on the bottom of the log plate to minimize movement of the splitter in vertical mode. It also has four widely spaced cleats on the top of the log plate to minimize kick-outs on non-square log cuts (my older Swisher only has a v-shaped cleat in the center.) It has a direct drive to the pump, so the Swisher belt drive would be easier to start in cold weather because the pump can be disengaged. It has a five-gallon hydraulic tank, which seems to be smaller than the tank on my Swisher.
Overall, an impressive unit!

It's nice to have a welcoming committee when a man gets a new power tool--and especially one with hydraulics!

Make sure to tell him to be careful with with the stand. It's a known finger lopper. (eek!)

TreePointer said:
It's nice to have a welcoming committee when a man gets a new power tool--and especially one with hydraulics!

Make sure to tell him to be careful with with the stand. It's a known finger lopper. (eek!)
I noticed that the stand was recessed in the draw bar, but didn't actually operate it since the splitter was still on the hitch ball.
I'll let him know...thanks!

Yeah, it's a lot safer now that there's a handle on top of the draw bar on the new models.

TreePointer said:

Been reading this here for awhile and after borrowing several Huskee 22 ton's with the factory stand I still have zero clue what the issue is. Can you explain please?

mayhem said:
TreePointer said:

Been reading this here for awhile and after borrowing several Huskee 22 ton's with the factory stand I still have zero clue what the issue is. Can you explain please?
The draw bar is an inverted U-shaped channel, and the stand nests into the channel in the up position. I didn't look at it again yet, but I'm guessing that if you were to have your finger in the channel and the stand is brought up by you, or by the splitter rolling forward off the stand before you have it pinned and you try to catch it...

Status
Not open for further replies.