who's buying now for next year

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

who’s buying now for next year

• I wait until next fall like I always do

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
21F at the moment, Tuesday has a high of 29F, still a lot of cold out there.

I plan on paying homage to the Vermont factory with my big trailer around June.

Got about 6 Tons. Got almost another half-ton yesterday when I went to pick up a stove on Craiglist
Came with standard Simpson Vent kit.
10 bags of Greenways
6 bags of Tidy Timber's (never heard of them)
6 bags of AWF's
1 bag of Lignetic's Green Label
Along with my 5 tons of Presto logs and a few bags of Somersets lying around. Life is Good

We have 2 ton of lignetics and a ton of somerset.....wouild like to have 3 more before the snow melts......I have a funny feeling after this winter everything is going thru the roof...!! great forum by the way..I have lurked here a few months and finally took the plunge.

RWB1 said:
We have 2 ton of lignetics and a ton of somerset.....wouild like to have 3 more before the snow melts......I have a funny feeling after this winter everything is going thru the roof...!! great forum by the way..I have lurked here a few months and finally took the plunge.
Welcome to the Forum. x2 on the prices after this winter. Your on the path to becoming quite the Pellet Pig.

After this winter I want to be prepared.....local lowes and HD have had some decent pellets the last few loads....the Lig's and somerset both came from lowes...cant beat the prices @ $187 a ton..

Busy week for me collecting pellets in my Jeep but I
managed to pick away at the stores. Tally at the moment
is, 3 tons of Greene Team and half ton of Stove Chow.
Would like to add one more ton to the stash since I'm
still burning. Hopefully grab one more ton this week
with my 10% off coupon (thanks again for the help guys!).
I think those who are planning on waiting until the Fall
are going to be paying big. Glad I won't be part of that herd! ;-P

With the weather staying as warm as it is here in N. Georgia, it appears that I will have close to 4 tons for next winter and part of the next one! At least I hope so! Now where in the world am I going to put them all??

I usually buy in April/May, and I plan on doing that again this year. I am down to 30 bags and hope I can make them last. Getting rid of all the crap I bought to try and didn't like. Went to CJs in Manchester yesterday and there were quite a few people. It was interesting that people have their favorites, despite other people hating them. There were some true blue NEWP fans there yesterday. I said I didn't have very good luck with them, but do realize that everyone's stove is different. Got some dirty looks before I said that!

With the uncertainty of what oil prices are going to be I'm stocking up for next winter. I bought 6 tons of Maine's choice from Lowes in Auburn, Maine. The last time there was an oil crisis, wood pellets were scarce around here and were $300.00 a ton. I paid $209.00 a ton and had a 10% off coupon. Now I'm set through next winter. The peace of mind is worth it. :)

expecting early buy pricing in the mail shortly.
will commit to my tonnage then.
didn't vote. nothing fit.

I've got ~10 bags left -- enough to finish this season. But I'll burn 3 tons next year - and I expect oil to stay high for some time. This will do two things -- (1) Drive more persons to pellet stoves and (2) Cause the pellet producing guys to reap the financial benefits of a tight market! -- ie: Crank their price up.

I'll get two tons of Lignetics in the next week - @230/ton - before the local HW store runs out. I'll park them in my garage over the summer. I hate to look at 'em all summer - and hate to lose the floor space - but the price security will certainly be good! Prices certainly ain't gettin' any lower next year ...

Now - if I could only burn pellets in my Dodge Ram ...

RonB

6.5 tons in the garage, but will be using some of that to finish out this year. We will have fires right up to the end of May. Want to try a few brands listed in other threads "just because"
Bought a new gasket for the exhaust blower so when I do that end of year cleaning, I can put it back together and not be shopping for it then.

I just took delivery of 3 tons of MWP for $199 delivered. From Steve Barker out of Jay. Look up SIB enterprises, great prices.
He just raised his price to $209 a ton because of gas prices. Still not bad.
I'll probably by 3 or 4 more in a few months if they stay around that price.

Ive also got about 35 bags of Maine's Choice in the shed.

I picked up 3 ton last week at lowes. I am picking up another 3 ton this week. That 6 should do me for the next season. I have one ton left in this years burning stash.

I did find that Lowes in Epping, nh, who are not HD 10% coupon friendly as they should be, won't let you buy more than you can leave with. Lowes in Greenland, NH will do it and they even gave me my 10% back to use another time.

I have thought about buying 6 ton for next year and believe it is smart. If by some chance, with these oil issues they are cheaper than the 188 I am paying now, I will stock up as much as my basement can fit.

Bought 2.6 tons of CleanFire Pacifics last week, should be going into next year with about 5 tons!

Got 5 tons stashed away, looking for 1 or 2 more. Saw an ad on Craigslist from the local pellet house claiming only one mill has committed to
spring buy pricing, others are holding onto current prices or going up due to fuel cost. Get em and stash em while you can.

No offense canibuyavowel but by the looks of your avatar, I think your contributing to the weirdness :eek:hh:

Wachusett said:
No offense canibuyavowel but by the looks of your avatar, I think your contributing to the weirdness :eek:hh:

X2....LOL........... :bug:

[quote author="Wachusett" date="1299468297"]No offense canibuyavowel but by the looks of your avatar, I think your contributing to the weirdness :eek:hh:[/quote

No offense taken. I get that all the time

I expect the Goofs in charge of our country, who are currently blocking any new oil drilling production in the US, and being held in contempt of court for it, hope to push oil higher than we have ever seen, I wish I could buy the next ten years worth, but I don't have the space. Hoping woodpellet.com has some good spring sales soon, getting down to my last couple tons.

Just added 6 ton to the remaining pellets in the basement. I suppose I could get rid of the washer and dryer and store more pellets in their place???

Status
Not open for further replies.