Why are threads closed?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NH_Wood

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2009
southern NH
Was just reading Kathleen's post about her oil furnace and wood burning options, then realized I couldn't post because the post was closed. Why are posts closed? Cheers!

Because some one made a comment about how stupid the moderators are. Just checking to see if I could get this one closed. :cheese:

Sometimes threads that really need to be answered get lost in the shuffle as other threads which have been answered to death carry on to far-far away places.

pen

Ja, was wondering the same thing. No reason given in the threads. Did the offending post get deleted?

pen said:
...carry on to far-far away places.

pen
I thought the far-far away place was the ash can.

LLigetfa said:
Ja, was wondering the same thing. No reason given in the threads. Did the offending post get deleted?

If the dog is gonna die (or needs to) sometimes it's easier if they just quietly wander off somewhere.

pen

I think they are trying to keep the forums from getting clogged with off topic info....I learned my lesson...keep the topics to burning burners!!!!

I closed it because it wasn't addressing her options. Just turning into a fuel price speculation thread.

Our Moderators are GOD!!

-Soupy1957

BrotherBart said:
I closed it because it wasn't addressing her options. Just turning into a fuel price speculation thread.

Fair enough - thanks! Cheers!

I knew there was a good reason BB, topics often get off-topic, not intentionally but they do....

I kinda missed the "Stick a fork in it" footnote but done is done no matter how it ends.

Besides, she already has virtual kicked me in the shins for closing it. :coolsmirk:

Well,time to close this one BB. :coolsmirk:

This thread is being closed under Article 6, Paragraph 9, Subsection 6 of the terms of the hearth.com tariff and Page 11, Paragraph 2 of the Forum posting rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.