why the low prices on the traeger 070?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steelman

Feb 7, 2012
east central ohio
headed to northern ohio fri to pick up a traeger 070 forced air furnace. i paid what seems to be a great price ($1200) for a new unit, still has the factory warranty, in the box, bran new. now i see them on ebay "buy now " price of $1750. still a great price. so how can these things sell for a asking price of $4500+ ?

are they bring out a new model, are they problematic? what problems can i expect with this furnace? where can i find more info on them other than the Traeger web site that gives vary little. they do have a down loadable owners manual but there are no pics of the system. unlike the Harmens, Maxium, Fahrenheit, the Revolution etc that have a lot of information including picks of the unit that go into great detail of the self cleaning system the burn pot, the self ignition system etc. i realize that the Treager 070 does not have self cleaning and the self starting but there iare now detailed information.

just wondering.

thank you.
jim

I seen that unit on Craiglist. Forum member Franks said that for under $2,000 that it was a good deal. For $1,200 brand new, I think you did well.

Looking forward to your install pics... Or just any pics. I looked them up too. Info is pretty vague. But Traeger has a great name in pellet burning in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.