Widowmaker Down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
The first two pictures are from up top, the hemlock was broken off and hung up in another tree until the high winds, thank you mother nature. It is in the same area I c/s the bigtooth aspen so I brought one load down then stacked it with the rest.

Tomorrow I'll start on the pine that mother nature took down near the new stacking area.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4533.jpg
    100_4533.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 476
  • 100_4534.jpg
    100_4534.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 505
  • 100_4535.jpg
    100_4535.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 503
[quote author="zapny"

Tomorrow I'll start on the pine that mother nature took down near the new stacking area.

zap[/quote]

Good job zap. Mother nature was your best friend. Tomorrow would be an absolutely picture perfect day for you to work on the pine! No need in getting your blood pressure up watching the "midgets" lose to san fran! :)

Very nice zap even your felling looks measured and aligned perfectly :lol:

Pete

Nice zap... The weekend wouldn't be complete without some of your pictures to look at. We went riding quads all day with a fresh 6 inches, next weekend cutting up a large oak at work. Be well

Lookin' great as usual Zap. Always loved the smell of freshly cut Pines & other conifers.

Pete1983, that tree in the picture I never fell, mother nature took it down.

Backwoods, sounds like a great time. This time last year we had about two feet of snow on the ground, this year not even three inches.

Thistle, I'm sure tomorrow that Pine will have a nice smell, just wondering how many pair of gloves I'll go through because of the pitch.

zap

Sunny and no wind over here zap... broken tractor,so not much done today..looks like you had fun though ;-)

loon

Is the tractor going to be a big fix? Notmuch done today except cleaning up the trails, just small chit but it still took a couple of hours. Pushed in two loads of Cherry in plus brought one load from up top down, just cleaned the saws up plus sharpened some chains so I'm all set for the pine in the morning that the winds took down.

zap

think its just the starter? calling for a nice day again tomorrow so will be doing some splitting ;-)

loon

It is always nice when Mother Nature works with you. Nicer still when we work with Mother Nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.