Wild log splitter - could be a little dangerous

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kayakkeith

Sep 20, 2010
West Virginia
[youtube]http://youtu.be/2bVAAx3mMKY[/youtube]

Seen that one before Keith. Looks like it would be extremely easy to get hurt badly with that thing. I also wonder what it would do with some tough splitting wood. Looks like it is probably belt driven and the belt slips as the wedge goes through the wood. I would not run it for sure.

...Wonder how many fingers that thing has taken from how many people?
I'll keep my 6 lb maul, thank you.

Nope, not for me. I don't possess enough RED NECK courage to try that on. That definitely fits into the" Here, hold my beer and watch this" catagory.

Remember the Stickler? If you want, I can tell you all about it. A very unique splitter.
Steve

Yeah, this is one of those videos that pops up here from time to time . . . along with a few other odd-ball splitters . . . including the Mighty Unicorns (aka Sticklers.)

The splitter really isn't very fast by the the time he keeps moving the log and the splitter stops. Not to mention the danger.

Advertised as the "worlds fastest splitter".
Should be advertised as the "worlds dumbest splitter operator."

If the bottom of a log kicks out it'll also be known as the 'World's Fastest Nut Buster" :gulp:

I'll stick with my X25 & occasionally the Monster Maul for the tougher ones,thanks.

I know a guy that darn near lost his lower leg when his pants got caught in a Stickler. He now has more metal than bone in his chin and one leg is about and inch shorter than the other.

I think I hear banjo's in the background.

KC

look at it this way fellas...rednecks like that keep the reality TV industry BOOMING....lol....some people will do anything to be on video!!

Stickler said:
Remember the Stickler? If you want, I can tell you all about it. A very unique splitter.
Steve
Yes I would like you to talk about it. With a name like Stickler you must be intimate with it. Was it your invention? I have seen a few videos.

tbuff said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te3FBhdqgK8

Check out this beast!!

Pretty cool,but I'd just get fat & lazy if I had it. ;-P Plus its around 30 grand,you still need the Bobcat or other skidsteer loader to attach it to & power it. I doubt if many of the logs I get would work with it anyway - max diameter isnt over 13" and they have to be almost arrow-straight.

Wow Thisle you really researched it! ;-)

I'd rather be fat and lazy than lose both hands/arms/head to that blade slinging monstrosity!

Status
Not open for further replies.