Winter Survival Kit!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drewboy

Oct 8, 2008
Lakes Region, NH
This is how I deal with the long NH winter.

This website is the best...

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 826
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 790
Yes sir your going to make it for sure!

Nice setup. How many cords do you put through that stove in a winter?

I just bought this stove last fall and didn't burn 24/7 last year - only burned Thursday or Friday thru the weekends, probably went thru about 2 cords last winter - if that.
I only spent $500 on clearance at a local shop - so far seems to be an awesome deal - lists for just over $1000 now.
My only issue is that the firebox is pretty small so logs have to be 17" or smaller to get any considerable burn time but it seems to be pretty efficient, I've only been burning wood for 3 seasons now and I'm officially addicted...

it looks like,
'once the piles are gone.. i burn the fence'

very sweet, and very well kept, you can stand next to mine anytime.

I use the fence to hide behind when I've spent too much time around the wood pile and my wife's lookin' for me... :cheese:

That is a cozy little set up. It looks real attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.