wireing up eko 25 question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ihookem

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2009
Allenton, Wisconsin
I am wireing my Eko 25, and found out it is color coded very strange. It has a blue wire, a green wire with a yellow stripe and a brown wire. Anyone know whitch one is the ground, nuetral and hot wire? Thanks in advance.

ihookem said:
I am wireing my Eko 25, and found out it is color coded very strange. It has a blue wire, a green wire with a yellow stripe and a brown wire. Anyone know whitch one is the ground, nuetral and hot wire? Thanks in advance.

To me, it sounds like a 220v wire color for over-seas. The Green w/ yellow is defiantly ground. I BELIEVE the blue would be the "hot" and the brown would be the neutral. I don't think it would matter - it SHOULD run either way(on an ELECTRIC MOTOR in can attest to)

It had a real weird plug on it. I don't think it would matter as long as I got the ground right, but reverse pallarity happens but I don't know if it would matter unless it ran a computer. Any more comments would be helpfull though.

I found out the brown is hot, the blue is nuetral and the green is ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.