Wireless home sound system

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustWood

Minister of Fire
Aug 14, 2007
Arrow Bridge,NY
Want to dial in the house with full stereo throughout.
Not lookin' 4 a ghetto blaster just a simple system with CD, am/fm and 3-4 wireless speakers.
Maybe one with capability of home theater hookup.
Not an electronic guru or up on new fangled electronics. Help me out and point me in the right direction.

The other option is what i am doing - add a speaker selector to your stereo and then wire multiple sets of speakers. This, of course, is only good if you have access or can fish the wires. I am using my receiver to power the room speakers and the selector is going to control 2 sets of outdoor, 1 set in the living room and 1 set in the garage. This way I can play anything I want and send it to whichever room I want.

Good Luck

If you are going wired you could use one of these for remote speakers. For outside speakers at my place, I used the the "tape out" line to send signal to this amp so that I can control the outside volume separately from the inside speakers.
http://www.jr.com/audio-source/pe/ASO_AMP100/

Lee,
I worked in the home theatre arena for 10 years at a high-end dealer. If you run wireless, you need access to power--this means wires. If you can possibly fish wires, do it--it may take more time, but the sound quality and convenience are worth it.

Example: I have a split-level and ran wires from the back of system to the attic (interior wall, no insulation) over to and down along the vent pipe into the basement bathroom (drop ceiling) across and under the stairwell to a switchbox in the basement closet. From there, I ran speakers to: 1. an adjacent inside wall for my basement reading room, 2. across a ceiling chase to a downstairs basement, 3. back to the bathroom ceiling, and 4. across another ceiling chase to a play room wall (using crown moulding to hide both the wire and LED lighting).

As a result, I have flush-mount speakers installed in 6 rooms upstairs, 4 rooms downstairs, and outdoor speakers in my garage, shed, porch, and deck--all out of the way and invisible. SWEET!

It can be done!

S

Status
Not open for further replies.