Wisconsin Pellet Prices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krooser

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2008
Waupaca, WI
www.rumblefest.net
I just got back from Earth Sense Energy Systems in Dale, WI where I picked up my first ton of pellets for the heating season.

I bought my St. Croix Pepin stove there last October and buy MOST of my pellets from them. Last year I loaded two tons at one time but my trailer is loaded with old auto parts from recent swap meets so I only had my F150 available today.

Here's the price list. The first price is ESES's "buyers club" price... the second is "regular" selling price... the third is "retail" whatever that is. these are 60 bag pallets... 1.2 tons

Marth Hardwood $204/$224/$254
Uncle Jed's Cold Remedy (house brand-pine) $240/$260/$290
Heartland softwood (ponderosa pine) $278/$298/$328
Eureka softwood (fir/pine mix) $298/$313/$343

Canadian Mix (softwood-bulk only) $181

They have an "early buy" program that is pretty good... Jad's sold this summer for $211.

Availabilty is good.

Good luck in your heating season.

There's also Badgerland pellets... picked up at their mill... an 80/20 hard/soft mix that sells for $215.00 per 60 bags.
Last year there was a local guy selling Propellets for $175.00/ton. But he was misrepresenting them as a 50/50 hardwood/softwoodmix... I talked to ProPellet and they told me they are hardwood with SOME softwood mixed in.

Forgot to mention you get a $6.00 per pallet discount with cash or check!

Status
Not open for further replies.