Wish I had extra cash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Breckwells IMHO are about par with your Kozi stove. Careful with the older Breckwells as the analog controls are obsolete. You either need to send the board out for repair(there is one switch that can't be had anywhere) or upgrade to the digital stuff. Waiting for the board to be repair stinks as the stove is down until you get it returned. The digital upgrade is pricey and requires patience to install it.

If you do decide to go check it out, Make sure it does at least run and be sure its just the auger motor and not the control board that has gone south on it!

Chris, IMO, steer clear of this. I think you'd be just inheriting someone else's problem. If it was a good stove, the owner would have fixed it.

Only way I'd even consider it is if Eric from Kinsman thought it was worth a shot at that price, given the possible need for an auger motor, control board, or both.

Send him a PM with the link and see what he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.