Woke up to this yesterday morning...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogwildz

Minister of Fire
Was scheduled to go on the road to look at a wreck yesterday. Was not real happy to wake up to around a foot of snow. Especially since I was strating to se grass and things not covered in white since I don't remember how long.
Decided to go and do the job anyway. Figured it was supposed to be warmer than today. But I think the weather chump snafu'd another report, as today was sunny and didn't seem that cold.
Now they say 0 or below tonight. Hope they are wrong about that too, but now they will prolly be on target.....
First one down my road. Nuttin live deflowering a virgin....... snowy road I mean

Attachments

• SAM_4821.jpg
    SAM_4821.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 500
  • SAM_4827.jpg
    SAM_4827.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 489
  • SAM_4829.jpg
    SAM_4829.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 513
Ah yes. I remember those days. For eighteen years a forty-five mile commute each way over the river and through the woods. And many times at five in the morning I made the first set of tracks in the snow on those back roads.

Don't miss that one damned bit. :cheese:

driving in it at night still coming down and so hard you have to shut the headlights off to see is no joy either.

I like trudging out into the woods on foot right after - although this year I've wished I had snowshoes several times.

A snowfall like that, that coats every branch on every tree and lays a soft white blanket over the ground is absolutely beautiful IN DECEMBER!
This time of year it's just mother nature taunting you, knowing that you're nearing your limit. That one morning soon you'll wake-up to yet another layer of noxious white powder and just snap! Storm outside in your skivvies and a blind rage, run in circles screaming vile obscenities until you collapse, exhausted into that soft, white blanket. And then she'll have you, finally; You'll never escape her soft, icy embrace. That is what she's waiting for, I swear it! We must not give in; We must not let her break us with this interminable onslaught of cold, wind, snow, ice, horrible, horrible darkness! The sun WILL return to warm the earth and our faces. The flowers will bloom and the leaves uncurl from their hard brown buds to drink in the brilliant light. The spring will come, it must come, it will, it WILL!!!

I'm getting a little squirrely as ussual for this time of year. :blank:

Better go over and give that nuke plant a kick to get the melt started again.

we also recieved 14" and i am now offically sick of winter and then i hear of another storm coming for friday morning and 12 more inches... someone hold me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.