Wood deliver pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

How much wood is in the pile??

• 2 cords or more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick06

Minister of Fire
Sep 27, 2008
media, pa
The wood guy delivered wood today. I figured I would post pictures, feel free to add those of yours.

2 cords, fair price and I believe a fair amount of wood. This is the 4th wood delivery I have had from him. I probably will order another 2 as soon as I get these stacked.

I have no affiliation with them, but have had tree service and wood delivery from them. Philadelphia area - http://www.chipstree.com/firewood.html

Looks good to me, I will be stacking this weekend and will have dry wood this winter!

Rick

Attachments

• IMG_2377.jpg
    IMG_2377.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,324
  • IMG_2380.jpg
    IMG_2380.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 1,329
Nice pics - thanks. Great to be ahead with the wood pile stack.
I assume that is your shed in the background?
Looks like your centre post has a bit of a lean to it. You should prop it back up straight! :)
Happy burning.

Face cords or real cords? Maybe it's an illusion, but from here the pic doesn't appear to show two cords of wood.

Yea maybe the pic is throwing things off, but that doesnt look like 2 cords. Get it stacked and see what it turns out to be and report back.

Having no choice but to buy wood myself... I've gotten similar size dumps as that - Im guessing its 2 to 3 face cord.

Been a long time since I had a load dumped in a driveway but that looks like a cord to me, too.

But camera angles can be deceiving .
More pics when stacked ?

Of course when it's stacked we'll know. What I'm finding in my newbie experience is that once stacked there wasn't as much wood in a pile as what I thought. Looking at this pile, though, and figuring the splits are 16" splits there is definitely more than a cord of wood there...I'm guessing 8-10 feet wide....14 feet long....4-5 feet at the peek. Using my very un-scientific formula and the low figures of my guesstimate...8'x14'x4'/2...I come up with a volume of 224cuft, or roughly 1.8 cords. Just a wild guess....

Ed

Intheswamp said:
Of course when it's stacked we'll know. What I'm finding in my newbie experience is that once stacked there wasn't as much wood in a pile as what I thought. Looking at this pile, though, and figuring the splits are 16" splits there is definitely more than a cord of wood there...I'm guessing 8-10 feet wide....14 feet long....4-5 feet at the peek. Using my very un-scientific formula and the low figures of my guesstimate...8'x14'x4'/2...I come up with a volume of 224cuft, or roughly 1.8 cords. Just a wild guess....

Ed

From that pile you get 8'x14'x4.5' stacked???

Here's a link to when I got my first good load of wood. I was trying to get a little ahead so I didn't have to panic with my scrounging attempts. Anyhow, I was so proud of the wood I took pictures, measured the size of the pile, etc. Stacking on 12' 2x4's I figure 1/2 cord per stack if stacked 4' high. The picture in the link below is stacked taller than that, but this particular load was cut a tad short 14-16 inches so I figure the wood that appears to be outside of the 4x12 profile makes up for the shortness of the splits...all the loads from this seller were basically right at a cord when stacked. FWIW....

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/66340/#774337

dannynelson77 said:
Intheswamp said:

Ed

From that pile you get 8'x14'x4.5' stacked???
Nope, just the pile.

Ed

I bet you are close enough to 2 cord that it is a non issue.

Good for you Rick on getting the wood now. As for how much is there, pictures can be very deceiving. It might be interesting to know how much you do end up with when it is stacked.

We will see, I am pretty confident with the supplier (unlike some other's peddling their highway robbery of wood delivery). I have measured 2 of the other deliveries and they were probably +/-5% of requested amount. And all hardwood, no rot or insects. Once stacked i will post results but I dont anticipate any problems. It will probably take me a while to stack it though... Life is pretty busy.

Thanks for the input, I will certainly be measuring this one!

Well, the poll was a dud..."Mister Poll" let me down this time! :( Anyhow, Maverick put up a small poll so vote away!!!! ;)

Ed

ETA: Ok, I got it working but I'll leave it off so we won't get poll weary. ;)

love the idea! But i couldnt figure out how to get your poll to work.... so I added one to the thread.

Each one of the winners will be allowed to get their own, one, free piece of firewood from the pile! pickup only :)

I voted more than one but less than two.

maverick06 said:
love the idea! But i couldnt figure out how to get your poll to work.... so I added one to the thread.

Each one of the winners will be allowed to get their own, one, free piece of firewood from the pile! pickup only :)
Hmmm, I don't know what happened to that, but thanks for taking the initiative and getting things working...ever tought about running for president???? ;)

Ed

ETA: Do we get to pick out the piece that we want or do we have to settle for a run of the mill split that's picked by an unbiased judge?

Oh, I think it would be quite fair to pick your own piece.

Ed, since you are from Alabama, I will give you all the wood you can carry.... in one arm load. If you are right!

Yes, i am that generous :)

Two cords is a lot of wood! That pile looks short to me, but it is very hard to judge from a pile. Have fun stacking and show us what you end up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.