Wood for 2012 - 13 -- Pic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunks

Oct 27, 2009
Ulster Cty, NY
Wood for 2012-13 season. Right now it's an art installation :).

Attachments

• wood pile.jpg
    wood pile.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 561
I see a splittin' party comin' on! :)

muncybob said:
I see a splittin' party comin' on! :)

Oh yeah! Looks good, have fun splitting.

I'd split ten rounds a day, and I'd be done in a month. I hear Sycamore is tough to split, but I have never tried it. Maybe I'd have to cut back to 8 rounds a day when splitting Sycamore.

I agree, that is a work of art.

When do you split looks like alot of extra work stack twice. Nice looking wood. I love looking at nice stacks of firewood and good old woodsheds.

Good Job

Gunks, good looking stack of wood. How much oak is in the stack?

zap

Looks good Gunks. You can be proud!

It will look a lot better after it has been split. Get it done now and you'll have better wood when the 2012-13 season rolls around.

The sycamore I have split was just like splitting poplar. It was fairly straight grained and easy going.

Yeah, I know it's a lot of work piling it once and then split and move it. But I look at it as a piece of ever changing art. The pile is about 1/3 sycamore and the rest are oak and maple. Sycamore splits like poplar once it's dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.