Wood for the Takin'

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uper

Feb 5, 2010
Eastern UP, MI
The neighborhood association is changing up an intersection and needed to take some trees out. I saved 'em some disposal charges on everything but the stumps! The first shot is the trees to be taken down, then the buck-up and the stacks.

Attachments

• Pre-new road 10-18-10.jpg
    Pre-new road 10-18-10.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 600
  • The Buck-up 10-19-10.jpg
    The Buck-up 10-19-10.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 605
  • Piling up2 10-18-10.jpg
    Piling up2 10-18-10.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 575
  • More Piles 10-18-10.jpg
    More Piles 10-18-10.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 590
Good deal for both sides, nice job Uper. What type of wood was it?

Zap

It was all hard maple except for one Beech that was about 10-12" DBH. I still have the one on the far right that they didn't drop yesterday due to the power line. That will be waiting for me after work today. And I am still pretty sore from yesterday!

Uper said:
It was all hard maple except for one Beech that was about 10-12" DBH. I still have the one on the far right that they didn't drop yesterday due to the power line. That will be waiting for me after work today. And I am still pretty sore from yesterday!

Hard Maple and Beech its hard to beat that. Well worth the effort and some pain, that will be some nice btu's for down the road. How far ahead are you with your wood?

zap

I think I'm starting to work on my third year of wood with this haul. I'll be splitting all this with the Fiskars SS and for what that won't do, an 8 lb. maul and wedges. You should see the looks I get from people when I tell them that. It will provide good exercise (at least that's what I keep telling my back) and stress reduction after work.

I was so psyched to get going on this on Monday, that when the dozer crew wasn't onsite, I walked around not knowing what to do with myself. I wanted to start dropping trees myself! I later learned, that we were fortunate the dozer crew didn't show up two days later.

Don't you just love it when your help results in good things for one self . . . I helped clean out the space where the Unity FD fire pond is now located . . . wood for me, cleared lot for the FD. A good deal all around.

Good job Uper!

nice score uper! thats some nice firewood. :coolsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.