Wood Gasification Boilers in the Western Flank?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gorbull

Jan 5, 2009
Hello all,
I'm in the market for a wood gasification boiler + storage but I'm discouraged that the majority of dealers, users and most of these worthy discussions are centered east of the Mississippi. Does anyone know of any dealers for wood gasification units in North Western States or Western Canada. (please exclude Greenwood, Seton format)

These gasification boilers are expensive enough without adding $1000 in freight and the fright of being located so far from the dealers assistance. Any comments appreciated.

Cheers

Our friends at Cozy Heat will ship a boiler to you for $199 to a commercial dock just about anywhere as far as I know. You may want to check in with them...

I've bought a tarm, don't have any dealers near me(I'm very east of the Mississippi). If I have a problem, I'll deal with customer service. Any parts I need will be here in a day or two. Simply put, deal directly with the source. Call all possible manufactures, and talk to the only ones that will take the time to answer all your questions.

Sorry to give the impression that I'm boycotting the Greenwood/Seton model but to be honest I don't have much faith in the engineering behind these designs. Reading posts on this site and others does not garner a lot of confidence in the refractory storage concept, compared to the Tarm/Eko gasification models which have a long history of solid engineering behind them.

I feel it's like comparing a souped up Chevy someone built in their garage to a Porsche, it's my personal preference and my money to spend and that's all.

gorbull said:
Hello all,
I'm in the market for a wood gasification boiler + storage but I'm discouraged that the majority of dealers, users and most of these worthy discussions are centered east of the Mississippi. Does anyone know of any dealers for wood gasification units in North Western States or Western Canada. (please exclude Greenwood, Seton format)

These gasification boilers are expensive enough without adding $1000 in freight and the fright of being located so far from the dealers assistance. Any comments appreciated.

Cheers

if you have the proper space, get a Garn

I did not have the space, but in hindsight, the Garn design makes the integration of gasification and storage elegantly simple, to the point that if I knew then what I know now, I'd have maybe even added an outbuilding for a Garn.

If you want a gasifier, plus separate storage, contact Econoburn. If they do not have a dealer near you, perhaps you could become the first Western Canadian dealer!

Status
Not open for further replies.