Wood ID Please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jlow

Feeling the Heat
Jan 19, 2009
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Customer of mine shares a storage yard with the tree service that is contracted by the local electric company to clear trees that interfere with power lines.
He told them that I need wood and they are OK with me coming by and picking up whatever they have in the pile. The pictured logs I picked up last Tuesday.
They get Pine, Birch, Maple, Apple and others. What would these be? I have also included photos of the beginning stages of my seasoning shed.

Thanks, Jeff

Attachments

• DSC04606.JPG
    DSC04606.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 396
  • DSC04595.JPG
    DSC04595.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 359
  • DSC04601.JPG
    DSC04601.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 370
looks like 3 woods silver maple birch and cherry

I think I see 5 different species. Silver Maple, Birch, Cherry, Spruce, and Ash.

Cherry, birch, silver maple and a spruce round in the middle.

I see shoulder season wood & winter season wood. You have space for it...take it!

The smooth barked stuff looks like soft Maple, maybe Silver since that one round had that peel away bark. I also see the Spruce or Pine under that large round that I have no Idea what that is. Oh yeah, that white stuff is Birch.

Status
Not open for further replies.