Wood ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

czorbach

Dec 25, 2008
North Baltimore
I originally thought this was an oak. When I split some rounds I was surprised at the green color inside.
I don't have any leaves. I appreciate any assistance.

Thanks

Attachments

• wood1.jpg
    wood1.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 321
  • wood2.jpg
    wood2.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 332
Looks like some kind of Maple to me, although I don't know which one is yellow inside like that....

might be tulip poplar

Inside looks like poplar. I bet it was free!

gzecc said:
Inside looks like poplar. I bet it was free!

I just saw the "other" piece of wood in the top part of the picture that is more "grey" looking which does very much look like a Poplar. Good job you guys!

charlz said:
I originally thought this was an oak. When I split some rounds I was surprised at the green color inside.

Thanks

tulip

smokinjay said:
charlz said:

Thanks

tulip

B I N G O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a clear winner!!!!!

the picture needs to be bigger and closer up on the grain ,from the split pic it sure looks like maple to me ,the bark is not like tulip IMHO

interchangabLEE said:
smokinjay said:
charlz said:

Thanks

tulip

B I N G O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a clear winner!!!!!

Its are state tree better get that one right.

Status
Not open for further replies.