Wood ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dannynelson77

Feeling the Heat
Jan 5, 2010
PA
What do you guys think this is??

Note: The split wood is NOT from this wood. The split wood is Tulip Poplar.

Attachments

• WoodID.jpg
    WoodID.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 234
  • WoodID2.jpg
    WoodID2.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 240
  • WoodID3.jpg
    WoodID3.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 232
Hackberry

smokinjay said:
Hackberry

+100. No doubt. A little stringy like elm, but not bad stuff.

You must be from southern PA. We don't have Hackberry around State College, at least as far as I have seen. There are lots of them at Gettysburg, about two hours south of here.

Wood Duck said:
You must be from southern PA. We don't have Hackberry around State College, at least as far as I have seen. There are lots of them at Gettysburg, about two hours south of here.

It grows like a weed around my parts-not bad burning wood-not great heat but burns nice.

Yea I am in north Chester county (southeast PA). I am pretty decent with wood IDs but man I had no clue on this one! Never saw it before. Thanks fellas now I know what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.