Wood Pellet Stove Spray cleaner or lube for Burnpot? What works best? ACS Spray?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

What is best to keep wood pellet ashes from sticking to the burnpot??

Pam, Steel Cleaner, Weber Grill n Spray?

From http://www.spiceadvice.com/weber/grillspray.php

Weber® Grill 'N Spray™ is the only no-stick spray that's safe to use directly on a hot grill or open flame! Its new non-flammable formula (patent pending) means you can spray while you cook for unbeatable no-stick results and easier clean-up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does this ACS Spray work best?

From
http://acshomeandhearth.com/acs_liquid.html

Pellet Stoves: ACS reduces accumulations of excess ash from wood-based pellets, and helps prevent clogging of the pellet feed mechanism.

Use ACS regularly to control creosote accumulation and reduce pollution. Start early in the heating season to “condition†stoves and furnaces for efficiency. Use liberally at the end of the heating season, before shutting down. For best results use daily during the heating season. 6 to 12 sprays of ACS into the firebox, each time a fire is burned, will prevent the dangerous build-up of creosote from occurring. Using ACS is not a substitute for regular chimney cleaning. Have severe conditions inspected and corrected by a qualified chimney sweep before using ACS.

Attachments

• ACSspray.jpg
    ACSspray.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 429
Don,

This is what I use to keep my Burnpot Liner clean.......See pic

Almost any "spray-on" substance you add will only burn off in a short time.

About the only thing I can think about that might work is to have the pot liner chromed.
Not sure if that would survive as the chrome is very thin.

---Nailer---

Attachments

• 5in1.jpg
    5in1.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 369
Hello

Thanks Nailer

I might try the ACS spray and let you know how it works out.

I was but soaking the burn pot in water at the start of your vacuuming process should be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.