Wood Pellets.com Good or Bad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I bought 6 ton from them back in November of 2009.

It worked out fine.

No hassle the pallets were placed where I wanted them.

They had the equipment to easily handle everything.

search for them in the forum....goods and bads, but it seems to be more "goods" than "bads"....check with a local dealer as well.....Spring Prices are out there these days.....some better than pelletsales, some worse.....

I bought pellets from them a few years ago....no problems at all. They delivered when they said they would, and placed them exactly where I wanted them.

That said, I feel their prices are on the high side.

Where I live they will only deliver a full truckload. 20 tons.

Piles in the aisles, stacks in the racks, thats a bit too much for me to store, but it would last at least 5 years.

gyingling said:
Where I live they will only deliver a full truckload. 20 tons.

Piles in the aisles, stacks in the racks, thats a bit too much for me to store, but it would last at least 5 years.

During certain times of the year that is also the case where I am.

You have to keep checking as it does change.

I bought 3 tons from them this year in Dec. (Cleanfire) everything went great. Free delivery for new customers, price per ton was $249. I just ordered 3 more tons from them and they will be here on Wed. I told them I wanted to be here for the delivery and they emailed me to set up a time so the service has been great. The price for the Cleanfires this time was $239 a ton, $49 for delivery but they had a $10 coupon so that got it down to $39.

After I received my first order from them in Dec. the VP called me a couple days after to follow-up to see if everything went well, that impressed me. I'm in Southern NH and none of my local dealers are any cheeper so for me this is working out great.

I purchased 3 tons of greenway pellets and 2 tons of AWF 3 years ago, no problems at all, got me out of a pinch when i first started in the pellet world. I deal only with my local vendor now because they have a better selection and price.

Bought this past winters supply from them last fall because of a back injury I suffered and was happy with them. Delivery was very reasonable and the driver placed the pallets right where I needed them. Although I paid $30-40 more per ton than the box stores, I got a much better product. I would not hesitate to order from them again. Their customer service is outstanding. In December, I noticed that several bags from one of the tons were not sealed properly and had a small frozen clump in one corner. 99% of the pellets in the rest of the bag were OK. The remaining pellets in the bag burned fine. I am glad I have my pellets in cold dry storage or I never would have noticed. I called them and let them know what I found. They asked me to keep a tally on the damage and they would make it right. In early March, I got a phone call from the customer service rep for an update on the damage and to make sure that everything was OK. I estimated that at worse case scenario, I had a total loss of about 6-8 bags. They issued me a refund credit for 8 bags and told me my next delivery would be free. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

do they still offer the cash discount on delivery? I plan on using them this year if they still do.

I've used them 2 out of the 3 burning seasons since I moved into my house. Their prices are competitive (at least in Central MA... anyone else in the area have a secret dealer I don't know about!?), and great with delivery instructions. I will use them again this spring if I see they have the lowest prices, without hesitation.

I've used them for the last two seasons - 3 tons in '09 & 4 tons in '10.
Paid about $243 per ton including delivery.
The driver called me at work & asked where I wanted the 4 tons located.
When I got home they were in the right spot & in a straight line.
Very professionally done. A customer service rep called me
& asked what I thought about the product & delivery & I told him
that I'd definitely be a return customer.
They are a part of American Bio Mass & I'm gonna use the ABM
Clear Choice Evergreen mix next winter.
We burned them in the showrooms where I (used to) work &
the ash content was low, the glass stayed noticeably cleaner &
none of the Harmans we burned em in had that infamous carbon
"speedbump" at the bottom of the burnpot. Good products,
whether you burn the hard or softwoods.
The mills that are supplying product to ABM are undergoing random
QC testing to ensure the standards are met...

I asked them to donate a free ton of pellets to a private school here in mass. The Carroll School has a classroom in a canvas yurt heated with a pellet stove. I tried to get another company to make the delivery but the guy kept forgetting to get back to me. One call to WP.com and the ton was dropped off 2 days later, FREE.

There is an article here: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Local-Businesses-Donate-Free-bw-3849674941.html?x=0&.v=1

Very classy, everyone has just been great to deal with.

They delivered my 3 tons of Cleanfire today on time and put them exactly where I wanted. Also got a little goody bag, fridge magnet, bumper sticker ("I love pellets")and a pen.

I've used them 4 times in the last 3 years. Most recently; last month. Always had good service with drivers and people on the phone.

mhagerty said:
They delivered my 3 tons of Cleanfire today on time and put them exactly where I wanted. Also got a little goody bag, fridge magnet, bumper sticker ("I love pellets")and a pen.

You will like the cleanfire pacifics. I burned them this year and was very happy with them. Great heat and the least amount of ash that I have ever experienced. The pellets are a little dusty, but worth it.

Doocrew said:
mhagerty said:

You will like the cleanfire pacifics. I burned them this year and was very happy with them. Great heat and the least amount of ash that I have ever experienced. The pellets are a little dusty, but worth it.

I have found less ash with Cubex, Okanagan and Spruce Pointe, but not by much, but the heat on the Pacifics rivaled okies on all accounts.

smwilliamson said:
Doocrew said:
mhagerty said:

I have found less ash with Cubex, Okanagan and Spruce Pointe, but not by much, but the heat on the Pacifics rivaled okies on all accounts.
i think the turmans have less ash than all the above not as hot though . the pacifics are going for 269.00 a ton in my area which is kinda pricey seeing how i can get okies for 235.00 240.00 a ton .

great service, had six tons on order for june, finally they got them in in july (supplyer problem) came down to the week they were to be delivered and I had to cancel the order as I am moving to a new house with a woodstove. they were great and canceled the order no problem. will use them again someday if I get a pellet stove againl

great service, had six tons on order for june, finally they got them in in july (supplyer problem) came down to the week they were to be delivered and I had to cancel the order as I am moving to a new house with a woodstove. they were great and canceled the order no problem. will use them again someday if I get a pellet stove againl

Status
Not open for further replies.