Wood pellets - unfamiliar brand

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ChrisWNY

Feeling the Heat
Just a tip, and maybe it's been stated here numerous times...if you pick up an unknown brand because your favorite brand was in short supply or out of stock (such was the case this year with shortages), burn them at your highest feed rate setting to get a cleaner and more efficient burn. I had to pick up a couple of dozen bags of brands I wasn't familiar with because my go-to pellets from TSC went out of stock in February...I crank my wood pellet furnace up to the highest feed rate setting to get the most heat (and the least mess) out of those brands that aren't tried & true from my experience. Just my $0.02.

Reactions: HeatMinder