wood pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe

Oct 18, 2011
Gardner ma
What's in your pellet stove right now??
Basement stove has NEWP, up stairs has Okanagans.

Lit the stove for the first time this season yesterday and gave it a full belly of Lignetics. And I have to say, this is the first time I've ever burned them, and my stove really likes them.

Northern Wood pellets brand (Currans). Barely a shoulder season pellet :-/

Green bag Energex, l had 3 tons left over from last year, so I have to bite the bullet and use them up. Good heat but too much ash for me.

Currently in is one bag of Cheat River just to try......My free "win-a-ton" pellets are not going so great far.....

Green Supreme, which is an odd name because they are not green OR supreme.

American Wood Fibers from HD. Seem ok so far.

Lignetics, somerset mix. Burning nicely.

Hello

Home Depot's $3.97 per bag Stove Chow and Lowe's $3.97 per bag Green Supremes. Saving the super Premium Geneva, Pacific Clean Fire and Logik-e pellets for a cold stormy northeaster winter night which may be tomorrow night!!

Attachments

• PS3PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection 280sc.jpg
    PS3PelletStoveBackPlane&Connection 280sc.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 598
  • 10282011NortheasterSnow.jpg
    10282011NortheasterSnow.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 615
Don2222 said:
Hello

Home Depot's $3.97 per bag Stove Chow and Lowe's $3.97 per bag Green Supremes. Saving the super Premium Geneva, Pacific Clean Fire and Logik-e pellets for a cold stormy northeaster winter night which may be tomorrow night!!

Don... Whats up with your glass? When was the last time you cleaned it? Looks very dirty... You know that any pic taken on this Forum has to be STAGED and make it look GOOD all the time...

Anyways... Got some Green Supremes in it. Burning very well. 1st time I have seen them in my area..

Burned through my shoulder Pro Pellets, now on to Somersets.. all Somersets all winter long ...nice and hot ...

Southern Indiana Hardwoods right now... for no particular reason other than that's what was on top of the pile...

Green Supremes, burning nice and hot, a bit much on the ash, but not bad. I like 'em!

First year! Love it so far! Burning Maine's Choice, so much better than the test bags from Lowes I burned after the install last spring.

Q - I burn through a bag in about 7 hours on a Med. to Med. Hi. setting, is that typical?

DexterDay said:
Don2222 said:
Hello

Don... Whats up with your glass? When was the last time you cleaned it? Looks very dirty... You know that any pic taken on this Forum has to be STAGED and make it look GOOD all the time...

Anyways... Got some Green Supremes in it. Burning very well. 1st time I have seen them in my area..

Hello Dexter
That reminds me of a stove shop I walked into. The 1st stove I saw had dirty glass. So I asked the guy why? He said to show customers what happens if you do not clean the glass! He was very knowledgeable so I thought that was cool and not all shops would do that.

Attachments

• AvalonAstoriaAtNightsc.jpg
    AvalonAstoriaAtNightsc.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 580
Don2222 said:
DexterDay said:
Don2222 said:
Hello

Hello Dexter
That reminds me of a stove shop I walked into. The 1st stove I saw had dirty glass. So I asked the guy why? He said to show customers what happens if you do not clean the glass! He was very knowledgeable so I thought that was cool and not all shops would do that.

I know glass gets dirty if you dont clean it. But my glass wouldnt be that dirty after 4 weeks of straight burning. Just wondering if you are trying to beat imacmans record for # of bags burned? I know most pics I post have at least a semi clean window. You have to be able to see the Fire. No?

Burning Instant Heats right now for the shoulder, this is my first year burning and out of what i have tried so far the Instant's have the least amount of heat.

Hank Hill said:
Burned through my shoulder Pro Pellets, now on to Somersets.. all Somersets all winter long ...nice and hot ...

Burning pro's also. hank where do you get somersets in Michigan? I havent seen any. How much of a differance is there in heat output?

Greene Team for about 6 more hours then I am hitting my stash of Green Supremes

I am burning Southern Indiana Hardwood pellets as they are on top of the pile. There are many places that sell Somerset in west Michigan. Depending on supply, you can get them at most big box stores such as Lowes, TSC, Menards, ect., or you can get them at many small hearth stores such as Smart Energy in Grant. For the money, you cannot go wrong with Somerset. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.