wood shed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cityhick

Aug 2, 2010
N W Ohio
16 ft long by 6 ft deep/four rows stacked 7 ft high

Attachments

• woodshed.jpg
    woodshed.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 637
Looks real good Mike. Whats the plan for getting the seasoned wood out from underneath the fresh stuff? Oh I know, you tip the shed upside down right? LOL

Wow... Great job.. I am to lazy to put it on a Calculator. Is that about 5 Cord? Maybe?

North West Ohioan Huh? Gotta Love the Weather up here. "If you dont like it, wait 5 Min and it will change."

Looks like you are Good to Go... A great feeling to have that much wood in one spot. You can be proud of that work.. Cheers.

Very nice!, If you're bored come on up & build me one. A C

Nice shed.

Thanks everyone.....yes I built it. Have about 150$ into it. I got the metal roofing left over from a pole barn that they cut out the excess siding where they put in the 14 ft overhead doors. I hate messing with tarps and snow covered wood so I built this before last winter and am very glad I did

cityhick said:
...I hate messing with tarps and snow covered wood...

Me too, big time, so I built a shed as well, a couple years ago. Yours is very nice, and I'm sure you appreciate having your firewood in there every bit as much as I appreciate having mine in my shed. Good job, Mike.

Nice shed.
Really makes a difference in keeping the wood dry, and snow and ice free in the winter. Not messing with the tarps is another big plus.
Should have built mine earlier. :coolsmile:

Happiness is a woodshed full of seasoned wood.

Pure bliss is a woodshed full of two seasons of seasoned wood.

Is there problem seasoning with 4 rows deep?

nice shed, love the recycled materials, good screen name too.

Good work Mike.

Very nice.
Same for me, I lost enough tarps & figured a shed would save time & money over the long haul.
Is the picture of the front or back? (snow sliding off is why I ask)

pic is of the front....it is a lean to off of the back of the garage......as far as seasoning it is 90% ash that was standing dead that was cut and split back in the spring same as last years supply that burnt just fine and didnt leave to much creosote in the chimney. Yes i do have to be careful of snow coming off the roof but thats not to big of concern for me. Thanks for all the comments everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.