Wood sighting! Stratford, CT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rudysmallfry

Minister of Fire
Nov 29, 2005
Milford, CT
Just got home from work. DOT must have been doing some serious tree trimming today. There are a lot of medium to large oak trees lying along the Merritt Parkway in both directions near the Sikorsky Bridge on the Stratford side. All the side branches have been taken off. Just big. lovely oak trunks ready to be cut up and split. If I had a chain saw and a truck, I'd be over there right now. I'm not sure if it's legal to just go and take wood that the state left on the side of the road but if you have the means....

I drove by them this morning as they had traffic all tied up! On my way home I saw a couple of guys parked on a acess road next to the parkway cutting,It looked like a lot of nice black birch and maple as well as some pine.
I have taken wood from the side of a state road and have never been bothered,They just leave behind what they can't chip and probably put the rest in a landfill.

Status
Not open for further replies.