Wood Splitter Part Identification

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chad101

Sep 9, 2009
Erie, MI
I had the valves replaced on my B&S engine.

While reassembling everything I noticed that I had stripped the male nipple which connects to the high pressure metal tubing.

I'm glad I noticed this before I started splitting today.

I don't know what this part is called or where I can purchase a replacement from. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0084[1].jpg
    IMG_0084[1].jpg
    95 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0087[1].jpg
    IMG_0087[1].jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 226
Not sure what you call it but take it to any hydraulic shop, they should have it. It is a very common part like a pipe thread by 37 or 45 degree.

NPT TO JIC adapter, a napa store may even have one. A C

Thanks for the reply.

I found a replacement; it's a high pressure, carbon steel Male JIC x Male BSPP (what ever the hell that means) 1/2" to 3/4".

$8.62 out the door.

BSPT (I think that's what you meant) = British Standard Pipe Thread

OH yeah forgot to say the British pipe/ NPT thing, they are different and will cause fits if you mix em up. Thankfully I am near a good hydraulic shop, they catch my stupidity all the time....

RNLA said:
OH yeah forgot to say the British pipe/ NPT thing, they are different and will cause fits if you mix em up. Thankfully I am near a good hydraulic shop, they catch my stupidity all the time....

If I remember right the thread angle is different between BSPT and NPT. I know the actual shape of the thread is different as well. BSPT is easily identified by it's rounded thread shape as opposed to the sharp peaks of NPT.

Status
Not open for further replies.