Wood stove sales up 400%, pellet stoves up 500% here in Central VA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pulldownclaw

Feeling the Heat
Mar 2, 2007
Richmond, Va
That was what one dealer said in the annual "home heating costs and alternatives" article in the major paper here today. By no means a scientific study, but shows you what people are thinking here with oil prices up 31% from a year ago.

Glad I got my stove installed and wood chopped last year! :coolgrin:

There's gonna be some people burnin' some green wood here in 'Ol Virginny this Winter.

Yep and they are going to start tomorrow night with the temps going down into the low 30's up here.

The 30 NCL will awake from its summer slumber around 8 o'clock tomorrow night. The Jotul down in the basement will be doing chill chasing duty early tomorrow morning though.

We've had lots of nights in the low 30's, plenty of frosty/icy mornings, even had about 1 1/2" of snow one morning not much more than a week or so ago. I started burning my shop stove in the mornings in late September. Only a few days since then that I've not fired it up. We're still exiled from our house for the remodel, so I won't be burning in the Lopi until maybe sometime in November. Mid-70's here today. Interesting. Rick

It was mid 80's here yesterday, today is 54 and rainy. Will get our first frost this weekend. I'll have my first fire tomorrow night I believe. ;-)

All this crazed talk of wood burning on this forum, I got to believe we inspired a few sales ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.