Wood type

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Welderman85

Feeling the Heat
Nov 1, 2017
Chesaning MI
I know it not a good pic but a guy I work gas this and hes not sure the type of tree can anyone tell

Its central Michigan if that helps a all he has a couple of trucks loads hes been asking if I want t it. What's left of the bark looks smooth so I don't think pine but not sure. It was left at his rental house
Screenshot_20200109-215213_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
From what little I can see, I would guess a soft maple variety in questionable condition. It looks like it is on it's way out as a viable fuel. Just one dudes opinion.

Reactions: hickoryhoarder
It's difficult to tell but my guess is a mix of Red Maple and White pine. The rounds in back look like White Pine and the crown and branches in front look like Red Maple. All looks marginally rotten almost "foam".

Does not look promising, whatever it is.