Wood, wood and more wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

weatherguy

Minister of Fire
Feb 20, 2009
Central Mass
Heres some pics of the storm wood I cleaned up around my house and some I havent cut yet

This is a choke cherry bush, anyone ever burn this? The wood seems awfully hard so it may be good wood for next year

IMG_3253.jpg

I have several pile like this of cut up limbs and trees

IMG_3257.jpg

IMG_3256.jpg

It was a lot of limbs like this from the old oak tree

IMG_3255.jpg

IMG_3262.jpg

This is the oak I scrouned this summer, I split over two cords but still have some work to do

IMG_3259.jpg

IMG_3260.jpg

IMG_3258.jpg

IMG_3261.jpg

This ones next

IMG_3263.jpg

But its all worth it when you can relax at night by the wood stove

IMG_3149.jpg

Looks like you have been busy, should have some nice btu's from it.

zap

Weatherguy.

Nice work man. Thanks for sharing the pics. You read that dogs mind for the last words to that pic. Damn, your good. He looks like he had a tuff day of gaurding your treasures and all that wood all day. Looks like he deserves a treat of some kind.

Lookin' good weatherguy!

Ray

Gasifier said:
Weatherguy.

Nice work man. Thanks for sharing the pics. You read that dogs mind for the last words to that pic. Damn, your good. He looks like he had a tuff day of gaurding your treasures and all that wood all day. Looks like he deserves a treat of some kind.

She's more than taken care of, I spoil her rotten.

Friends just got home from Springfield, and said they saw nothing but destruction on their way up Friday. I told her she shoulda thrown some wood in the back of the truck & brought it home :)

Love the doggie pic !!!

Looking nice...lots-o-work = lots of warmth!

Are you sure that first picture is a Choke Cherry? It looks like a juneberry to me from the bark to the dark center wood. Juneberry wood is probably similar to apple, since they are closely related. The picture here is Juneberry and the bark looks just like your tree.

Attachments

• camp wood 2.jpg
    camp wood 2.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 674
Wood Duck said:
Are you sure that first picture is a Choke Cherry? It looks like a juneberry to me from the bark to the dark center wood. Juneberry wood is probably similar to apple, since they are closely related. The picture here is Juneberry and the bark looks just like your tree.

No, Im not sure, choke cherry was a guess based on my google skills, if Juneberry is similar to apple it should be decent wood.

Edit, I looked at pictures of juneberries and the berries I get dont look like the ones in the pictures. Juneberries look sort of like blueberries, the berries I get are small round and red only.

Always a good feeling to look at a stack of fire wood. Nice pictures.
Lots of BTUs there
Looks good.
I bet you can roast marsh mellows in front of the glass, you have a hot one burning there :)

Choke cherry burns good and you did well on the cleanup. Enjoy the heat.

Backwoods Savage said:
Choke cherry burns good and you did well on the cleanup. Enjoy the heat.

Does that look like choke cherry to you Dennis? I can tell you the wood is very hard and heavy so I assumed it would be good burning.

Only in that second pictures does some of that look like choke cherry.

Status
Not open for further replies.