woodchuck 4000 add on furnace--general questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WIZARDNTS

Oct 29, 2010
NORTHEAST OHIO
hello to all. I am new as a member to the forum, but have been doin homework and research for a few months from the posted topics. I am very pleased to see the vast amount of knowledge that the members not only have but are willing to share with others.
okay that being said here goes... I recently purchased a woodchuck 4000. Its an older version than the newer 180,000 btu models, its rated a 140,000. still has secondary heat exchange and forced draft inducer. stove is in pretty good shape overall and everthing works as it should.. 750.00 cash, hopeing that was a fair deal. i wondered does anybody have experience or opinions on this stove as to quality, heat output, and efficiency/burn times. any input or help would be appreeciated.

WIZARDNTS said:
hello to all. I am new as a member to the forum, but have been doin homework and research for a few months from the posted topics. I am very pleased to see the vast amount of knowledge that the members not only have but are willing to share with others.
okay that being said here goes... I recently purchased a woodchuck 4000. Its an older version than the newer 180,000 btu models, its rated a 140,000. still has secondary heat exchange and forced draft inducer. stove is in pretty good shape overall and everthing works as it should.. 750.00 cash, hopeing that was a fair deal. i wondered does anybody have experience or opinions on this stove as to quality, heat output, and efficiency/burn times. any input or help would be appreeciated.
Welcome, This looks like a quality furnace & while $750 may have been a bit high for a used one its not terrible. I see the $1400 cheapies at the local Farm & Barn & yours looks way beyond this. Sorry I can't answer all your user questions. Try to get some good dry wood though, Randy

Do a search on here for Woodchuck 2900 or 4000. Otherwise, I'd say you got a decent price. If you save money burning wood, then it was the right price. These things are supposed to burn 78% efficient, but I think that's with the catalyst in it. They still make the furnace and sell it for well over $2500, so I'd say it's a quality unit. Like the previous poster, use dry wood and you'll get the max BTU's.

This should give you some information too. http://www.woodchuckfurnace.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.