Woodchuck logging "cant" hook tool in use

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodmiser

Feeling the Heat
Oct 20, 2011
Garnet Valley, PA
I've been using my woodchuck alot lately. I have one of the standard cant hooks but it stays in the crawlspace cause this one is just over the top. Highly recommended.

Attachments

• 0002.jpg
    0002.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 1,012
  • 0006.jpg
    0006.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 729
Couple more..

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 1,265
  • 0004.jpg
    0004.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 648
Woodmiser, it looks heavy and clumsy. Is that made all of aluminum? For sure it looks interesting. And that is one big ash log you have there!

It's all aluminum except the jaws which are steel. It's no heavier than the wood handle jobs but yes it is a little clumsy. Once you use it a while you get the feel of it.
I'll be sinking that 28" Dolmar into that ash pretty soon. Needless to say the Woodchuck won't be much help with those. I'll have to bring the backhoe over.

No comment on your hook but yer wood is all black and mouldy. Prolly make the whole family sick. Best to just chunk that up and set it out at the curb.

Oh, I didn't see your street address on your profile . . . :coolsmile:

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
No comment on your hook but yer wood is all black and mouldy. Prolly make the whole family sick. Best to just chunk that up and set it out at the curb.

Oh, I didn't see your street address on your profile . . . :coolsmile:

Some of it has some insect damage at the base but most of it is preemo.

Status
Not open for further replies.